Central Standard RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSRP - Central Standard RP for TSRP

+6
Zyroke
francois
Ken_Berkely
OctaneHugo
Booyah
Enders
10 posters

Organization Kills

Enders
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Organization Kills Empty Organization Kills

Post  Enders Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:09 pm

I think a system needs to be put in place to allow an organization to be removed through in-game roleplay. Right now I have a few cops doing investigations on various groups, but right now I feel like there is no purpose. I know that even if we get hard evidence that a group is involved in organized crime, nothing would happen but a few minutes of jail time. I had a system that worked well in my last server that everyone seemed to like. Here's the set of rules for Organization Kills I had in my last server:

An organization can be removed when a police investigation leads to actual evidence and proof of organized crime. This is not just a random guard being found of murder. There must be hard evidence that an organization is involved in organized crime. Once this is done, the head of the organization must be arrested or killed in the process of an arrest. The head of the organization and any major leaders will be character jailed, while the organization will be removed and properties taken away.

When I say hard evidence, I mean pictures that would reasonably be taken by a character in-game, recorded conversations through someone wearing a wire, things like that. And not just evidence of a crime, but evidence of multiple crimes all linked to a single group of people. This will help the cops have something to do (investigating crimes for links to a crime family) and will ensure that crime families that don't stay under the radar get weeded out. I'd really like to hear what an admin thinks of this so I know whether it will be put in place or not.
    Booyah
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Organization Kills Empty Re: Organization Kills

Post  Booyah Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:14 pm

That would add some intense role play, allowing cops to have bigger roles than stopping rob whores and the usual. Kudos =]
    OctaneHugo
    OctaneHugo
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  OctaneHugo Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 pm

I remember stuff like this. It was truly awesome.

I love the whole thing, I believe it happened at one point I was involved in it. Or I might just be making stuff up. Could be whichever.

I think the server should def. implement this, though.
    Ken_Berkely
    Ken_Berkely
    Roleplayer
    Roleplayer

Post  Ken_Berkely Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:49 pm

You're not thinking of it from and administrative stand point, the constant adding and removing of properties and jobs.

This seems like a suggestions coming from somebody that wants to see the PD as the dominant org...When its usually the other way around, especially with global reaching organized crime families like Solntsevskaya Bratva in terms of funds, people, and connections.

I highly discourage it.
    Enders
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  Enders Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:44 pm

I completely understand what you're saying, but I think you're imagining it wrong. Organizations will -not- be taken down in a matter of weeks or even a month, it will take a long time of gathering information, all of which must be documented and it must be able to be shown to the forums and admins who can decide if it's enough information to bring down the entire organization. A problem I see with many TSRP servers is that it goes great for one week, two weeks, three weeks, then it starts to slowly die. More and more people stop showing up. The reason for this is because nothing is changing, everything is staying the same.

Allowing organizations to be brought down and new ones to come up will greatly increase the lifespan of this server. I do not want this so that the police can be the dominant organization, trust me, far from it. I want this because I really think it will benefit in the server in the long run. If this isn't implemented, I imagine that a month from now, we'll have the exact same groups, maybe one or two more, but no less, and everyone will be doing the same thing in a month that they're doing today. I've always thought that having an ongoing timeline in a TSRP server can keep it from dying like all the other ones, and I really think that allowing organizations to be brought down will be able to do that.
    francois
    Roleplayer
    Roleplayer

Post  francois Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:20 pm

While Enders is right, it's also dangerous, because if the metaplot of the server becomes an org war, if it ever is resolved, when the smoke clears, that's it. I inadvertently killed a server by starting a group dedicated to the eradication of the government, and after I CKed all of them, that was it. There was nothing left.
    Zyroke
    Roleplayer
    Roleplayer

Post  Zyroke Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 pm

hehe, I was a part of that Francois. Good times!
    soup
    soup
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  soup Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:52 am

I like this idea, but there should be a grace period before any serious efforts are taken to undermine an organization, so that we don't have organizations getting shut down only days after their inception. The role-play involved should be very extensive - it takes the efforts of many law enforcement agencies over many years to truly eliminate a drug cartel, for example - and it should give consideration to the wishes of the leaders of the organization. Obviously, if we have an organization that is absolutely horrible at role-playing and recruits everyone and anyone to gain an upper hand, then it'd need to be forcibly disbanded by the administrators.
    PeanyTech
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  PeanyTech Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:24 am

TILU will buy u all out! king
    Colt
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  Colt Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:28 am

I like the idea, plus if there was a mega org war, that would make it like GTA, and that would be fun in my book Smile
    OctaneHugo
    OctaneHugo
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  OctaneHugo Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:01 pm

francois wrote:While Enders is right, it's also dangerous, because if the metaplot of the server becomes an org war, if it ever is resolved, when the smoke clears, that's it. I inadvertently killed a server by starting a group dedicated to the eradication of the government, and after I CKed all of them, that was it. There was nothing left.

While wiping out the government is a cool idea, you should have realized what would happen if you succeeded. Razz

Ken_Berkely wrote:You're not thinking of it from and administrative stand point, the constant adding and removing of properties and jobs.

This seems like a suggestions coming from somebody that wants to see the PD as the dominant org...When its usually the other way around, especially with global reaching organized crime families like Solntsevskaya Bratva in terms of funds, people, and connections.

I highly discourage it.

Like Enders says, it would take an incredibly long time to happen and won't even happen all that much.

soup wrote:I like this idea, but there should be a grace period before any serious efforts are taken to undermine an organization, so that we don't have organizations getting shut down only days after their inception. The role-play involved should be very extensive - it takes the efforts of many law enforcement agencies over many years to truly eliminate a drug cartel, for example - and it should give consideration to the wishes of the leaders of the organization. Obviously, if we have an organization that is absolutely horrible at role-playing and recruits everyone and anyone to gain an upper hand, then it'd need to be forcibly disbanded by the administrators.

Yes, grace period - I believe that was in place on earlier servers? Org leaders wishes in consideration as well - all that jazz, all good ideas and restrictions to have.
    neophyte
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  neophyte Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:44 am

Ken_Berkely wrote:You're not thinking of it from and administrative stand point, the constant adding and removing of properties and jobs.

I highly discourage it.

Like Enders says, it would take an incredibly long time to happen and won't even happen all that much.

obviously that is not true the server has been up under a week and already destroyed a cartel.
    Enders
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  Enders Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:51 am

neophyte wrote:
    obviously that is not true the server has been up under a week and already destroyed a cartel.

The taking down of Bratva was not an "organization kill" the way that I defined it. It was not even done by me. I was CK'd before I could. Bratva was taken down after a mass amount of character jails.
    neophyte
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  neophyte Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:45 am

oh i was not saying it was you. i was told however that is was brought down on charges based on racketering. and that only two characters were killed and the ones arrested were low level members at best. it just seems really rushed to me.
    francois
    Roleplayer
    Roleplayer

Post  francois Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:20 am

You are just uninformed. If you actually READ the summary of the RICO Act, you'll see that ALL members of the group can have their assets frozen and be charged, and that it's incredibly successful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content