Central Standard RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSRP - Central Standard RP for TSRP

4 posters

Few Suggestions

Enders45
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Few Suggestions Empty Few Suggestions

Post  Enders45 Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Just gonna throw out my two basic suggestions which I put on every server I play in. In my experience both of these things help roleplay out tremendously.

1. Remove Robmod.

There is absolutely no reason to have robmod in the server. Anyone who actually knows how to roleplay does not rely on robmod, and the majority of people I've seen who do use robmod do it just to get quick e-money. With robmod on a server, police are constantly forced to drop everything they're doing and run to the 7-11 or the Bank every 5 minutes to see some random guy who does his 5 minutes of half-assed roleplay before making a run for it. I've been in the server 10 minutes so far and have seen three robmod attempts, all followed by cops with guns running around the street in all directions. Also, removing robmod allows people to be more creative with their crimes. When you don't feel restricted by robbery, there are many more things people tend to do.

2. Remove the ability to see job titles

Again, the ability to see other peoples job titles does not help roleplay at all. People metagame subconsciously whether they admit it or not. I know that if I'm in the diner or something and a guy sits next to me with the job "Gambino Family Lieutenant" compared to if a guy sat next to me with "Police Officer", I'll be treating them different. Also, as a detective, this makes my job especially hard as a regular guy asking around for information is much more likely to get it compared to a detective asking around for information.

Well, those are my suggestions. Every server that I've been in that agreed to do them have definitely benefited from it. I'd be interested to hear any counter points to my suggestions as well, if you have them.
    neophyte
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Few Suggestions Empty Re: Few Suggestions

Post  neophyte Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:11 pm

i could care less about the first one. personally robberies bother me in general.

The second one on the other hand I highly agree with. If a job title is there you meta. everyone does. now not everyone is obvious about it but if they truly dont know jobs they can do this.
    OctaneHugo
    OctaneHugo
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  OctaneHugo Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:20 pm

I agree with both of Enders' suggestions, especially the 2nd. We're in dire need of removing job titles, and removing rob mod (or limiting it quiet a bit) would be excellent.
    theguy
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  theguy Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Hey guys, Enders knows what he's talking about. He's learned from the best.
    Enders wrote:Scar knew how to do things right.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:00 pm