Central Standard RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSRP - Central Standard RP for TSRP

4 posters

Jason Redfield's Application

Jason Redfield
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Jason Redfield's Application Empty Jason Redfield's Application

Post  Jason Redfield Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:34 am

Name: Jason Lucas Redfield

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:4054142

Reason for applying: I've always been interested in the medical field, even in spite of more "exciting" job opportunities. I've worked in the MD before, and found it to be very interesting and fulfilling work all around.

A man is bleeding profusely from a wound on his leg.
    What do you do in the following circumstances?

In the MD: I would carefully place the man on a stretcher, if he is not already on one, being careful not to place any undue stress on the injured leg, as this could exacerbate his condition. While keeping as much direct pressure on the wound (elevating the leg if I can), I would wheel the patient to an operating room. I would then assess the degree of injury, bandage & clean the wound (while checking for signs of an infection), and then stitch it up once the bleeding has been managed. I would also be sure to assess the patient for any other injuries which he may have sustained.

On the street: First, I would scan the surrounding area for any signs of danger or other patients. If there are none, I would check to make sure the man is breathing. If he is in the street itself, I would move him to the sidewalk, again making sure not to cause any strain on the leg. I would elevate the leg, trying to keep it clear of any contaminants while applying direct pressure. I would use a piece of cloth, possibly from my own clothing, to tie above the wound as a form of crude tourniquet. If I had a first-aid kit handy, I would apply bandages and wait until help arrives.

On a hiking trail: Again, I would check for surrounding danger and call for help. After checking his vitals, I would immediately, but carefully, brush away any contaminants (such as dirt), preferably by flushing the wound with clean water. I would attempt to find a log or some other object which his leg can rest on -- elevated as always. Again, I would use cloth as a crude tourniquet and bandage the wound to the best of my ability and wait until help arrives.

Define 'triage': Triage is a practice used typically in mass-casualty situations, in which patients/victims are prioritized according to how dire their medical needs are, with those that are most severely injured being treated first.

Are you Dr. House?: Not at all. I have my occasional sarcastic moment, but I am very much my own man. Got nothing but respect for House, though.

((My preferred line of work would be an EMT/Paramedic -- I've played as an EMT before on another server and was told that I was very good at the job. Also, it has come to my attention that certain people on the server are in dire need of an EMT, particularly the police force. Nonetheless, I am perfectly willing to start as an Intern and work my way up.))
    Zyroke
    Roleplayer
    Roleplayer

Jason Redfield's Application Empty Re: Jason Redfield's Application

Post  Zyroke Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:23 am

Now this my friend, would be the guy I'd like to have at my side in the middle of a firefight or any type of situation. This man is fit for the job, without a doubt.
    francois
    Roleplayer
    Roleplayer

Post  francois Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:35 am

100% support. Amazing roleplayer, perfect job for him.
    Enders
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  Enders Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:42 am

This guy makes all other roleplayers look like DMers. He's fucking incredible.

Alright I actually haven't seen him roleplay before but I wanted to join Zyroke and Francois...
    Jason Redfield
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  Jason Redfield Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:47 am

Enders wrote:This guy makes all other roleplayers look like DMers. He's fucking incredible.

Alright I actually haven't seen him roleplay before but I wanted to join Zyroke and Francois...

Oh, but you have, Enders! You don't remember? I might just cry.

Thanks for the support, fellas. I really appreciate it.
    Enders
    Sprayer
    Sprayer

Post  Enders Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Jason Redfield wrote:
    Oh, but you have, Enders! You don't remember? I might just cry.

Thanks for the support, fellas. I really appreciate it.

Wait I have? Were you using Jason Redfield? I can't remember D: Maybe it's just because whenever I think of "Jason Redfield" I think of Chris Redfield.
    francois
    Roleplayer
    Roleplayer

Post  francois Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:01 pm

on Red Spear Gaming, among others

also Jason is now co-leader

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm